Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Angels Hands by Rodney Atkins

One of my favorite songs is Angels Hands by Rodney Atkins. I like this song because Rodney has put meaning behind his words. The first part of his song is talking about this mom who is trying to get her son to quit drinking. When her son came home late one night she had stayed up late worrying about him. She told him that if his dad was there he would be disappointed in him.

The second part of this song is talking about this little girl, and her parents are getting a divorce. Her parents try to make it seem like a good thing because she will have two rooms. At first she was confused and then she asks were her dog Checkers would live because she doesn't want to have to give him away. It also says that she prayed to the angels that they would bless her mom and dad even though they were getting a divorce. She also asked the angels to watch over her till the morning light.

This is my favorite song because he doesnt try to make life sound better than it normaly is. Rodney is also talking about real life and what happpens all over the world. I like the way that even though these people are going through a lot still find it in their heart to be kind to those around them. It aslo shows  that you don't have to be a jerk or start doing things that could get you into a lot of trouble or worse could even kill you.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't listened to this song yet but I will have too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow never heard the song but I need to it sounds like a helpful song!!! I also like that it does not try to make life sond like nothing is wrong it showes that there are bad things going on in our lifetime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you stated that this song makes life not seem to be all about fame, it tells how life truely is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to listen for this song; it sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete